Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
Issued 08:00 PM AST 20 January 2018
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southwest 25 knots veering to west 30 late this evening then diminishing to west 20 early Sunday morning. Wind diminishing to west 15 Sunday evening.
Temperatures zero falling to minus 14 Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 20 January 2018 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to Nova
Scotia near 4505N 6500W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6335W to 4505N
6045W to 4605N 5925W to 4835N 6125W to 4945N 6000W to 5005N 5815W to
4820N 5930W to Newfoundland near 4810N 5850W. Sea ice north of the
9 tenths grey ice including 2 tenths grey-white ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 20 January 2018 Tonight and Sunday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low 984 mb located northeast of Anticosti
By 3:00 a.m. AST Sunday low 982 mb located north of Newfoundland.
At 3:00 a.m. AST Sunday ridge located on a line north-south over
By 8:00 p.m. AST Sunday ridge located over New England.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:35 AM AST 21 January 2018 A low pressure system north of Newfoundland will intensify as it
tracks northeastward today and Monday. Strong to gale force
northwesterly winds over most of northeastern waters will persist in
the wake of this system.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau-northern half, Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen and Anticosti.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Fourchu,
Banquereau-northern half, Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait-eastern
half, Gulf-Magdalen and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: