Alerts for: Crowsnest Pass - Pincher Creek - Waterton Lakes Nat. Park
4:36 AM MST Friday 15 December 2017
Wind warning in effect for:
- M.D. of Pincher Creek near Beauvais Lake Prov. Park
- M.D. of Pincher Creek near Cowley Burmis and Maycroft
- M.D. of Pincher Creek near Pincher Creek and Twin Butte
- M.D. of Ranchland
- Municipality of Crowsnest Pass including Coleman and Frank
- Piikani Reserve
- Waterton Lakes Nat. Park and Blood Res. 148A
Strong winds that may cause damage are expected or occurring.
A surface ridge of high pressure over southern BC coupled with a strengthening trough over Alberta continues to bring strong winds this morning in southwestern Alberta. The strong winds will weaken later this morning.
High winds may toss loose objects or cause tree branches to break.
Wind warnings are issued when there is a significant risk of damaging winds.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to email@example.com or tweet reports using #ABStorm.
What we are doing
- Date modified: