Alerts for: High Level - Rainbow Lake - Fort Vermilion - Mackenzie Hwy
3:33 PM MST Thursday 14 December 2017
Freezing rain warning in effect for:
- Co. of Northern Lights near Paddle Prairie Smt
- Mackenzie Co. near Bistcho Lake
- Mackenzie Co. near Fort Vermilion
- Mackenzie Co. near High Level and Bushe River Res.
- Mackenzie Co. near Indian Cabins and Steen River
- Mackenzie Co. near John D'or Prairie and Fox Lake
- Mackenzie Co. near La Crête and Buffalo Head Prairie
- Mackenzie Co. near Meander River and Lutose
- Mackenzie Co. near Rainbow Lake Zama Lake and Chateh
- Mackenzie Co. near the Caribou Mountains
- Mackenzie Co. near the Tallcree and Wadlin Lake Reserves
- Mackenzie Co. near Zama City
Freezing rain is expected or occurring.
An area of patchy freezing rain is forecast to move eastward across northern Alberta tonight. The freezing rain will end overnight in the High Level region and Friday morning in the Fort Chipewyan and Fort McMurray regions.
Fort Chipewyan itself will likely be right on the freezing rain and snow boundary. Areas to the west of the townsite will see the greatest chance of freezing rain.
Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots may become icy and slippery. Take extra care when walking or driving in affected areas.
Freezing rain warnings are issued when rain falling in sub-zero temperatures creates ice build-up and icy surfaces.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to email@example.com or tweet reports using #ABStorm.
What we are doing
- Date modified: